Important Vitamins And Minerals In Hypothyroidism
If you have problems with hypothyroidism, you can improve the work of your thyroid gland with certain vitamins and minerals. Thyroid gland performs many important functions for the body, especially related to the metabolism of macronutrients. Its function is related to the process how fast you burn calories.
Although there are a variety of disorders associated with thyroid gland, hypothyroidism is among the most common. This disease slows the metabolism and is associated with obesity.
People with this disorder are constantly struggling with weight, they have difficulties to lose weight and even if they achieve some weight loss it is difficult for them to retain same weight. Why?
- Because of poor functioning of certain hormones such as T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine).
- To enhance the action of the thyroid gland and these hormones, there are vitamins and minerals that can improve its effect and increase the metabolic rate.
– Vitamin C, improves food energy exchanges
– Vitamin E, improves conversion of T3 and T4 and increases the metabolic rate
– Vitamin A, increases the effect of the hormone T3 on cells
– Vitamin B2, extracts toxins and estrogens, which interfere with the operation of the gland
– Vitamin B3, increases energy production
– Vitamins B6 and B12, helps to purify the body from layers which interfere with the activity of the gland
- Potassium and Iron, increases energy production
- Zinc, copper and selenium, these are minerals needed to convert T4 to T3 by improving the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats
- Iodine, very important for the functioning of the thyroid gland
You can get all these macronutrients by consuming foods that contain them. Of course, it is important to consult your doctor.http://healthyfoodking.com/vitamins-minerals-hypothyroidism/Important Vitamins And Minerals In HypothyroidismHealthPractical advicesHealth,Herbs,Hypothyroidism,Minerals,Vitamins