Paleo Bacon Spinach Frittata
Frittata has one undeniable plus — the recipes are versatile and can satisfy your hunger any time of day. Try this healthy, Paleo recipe rich in protein that you can adjust to your taste in minutes. It’s perfect for brunches, lunches, and even a quick weeknight dinner. This recipe takes only 20 minutes to prepare.
You can make it the night before and heat it up the next morning. It’s perfect for those big, busy brunch gatherings – a single frittata can serve up to eight people. Or, you could think of it as an easy way to meal prep your breakfast for the entire week! They’re an easy way to add in extra protein and veggies into your morning meal.
With crumbled bacon sprinkled into fluffy eggs, fresh spinach and tomatoes, you’ll love how everything comes together.
And one more thing! Frittatas are endlessly versatile, so feel free to get creative with the ingredients; if you have some leftover veggies or meat you want to add to it, go for it!
- 8 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 grape tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 strips nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees.
- Cook the bacon on medium-high heat until cooked through; remove the bacon from the pan and reserve the bacon grease. Crumble the bacon, once cooled, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and milk. Set aside.
- In the bacon grease, sauté the onions and for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add tomato and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Spinach should just begin to wilt.
- Pour your egg mixture in the skillet and add bacon pieces. Let cook for 4-6 minutes. The eggs should just begin to set.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until eggs are completely cooked through.
http://healthyfoodking.com/paleo-bacon-spinach-frittata/RecipesUncategorizedDiet,Diet & Weight Loss,Food,Frittata,Nutrition,Organic,Paleo Diet,Recipes